Thursday, October 3, 2013

Spinning toward Samhain


One of my favorite things here is sitting around my living room with my roommates and talking about whatever comes to mind.  There is usually some sort of tea involved and music as well.  It is so peaceful and comforting to know that I have such dear friends to spend time with, to tell about my day, and to just be with.  And I love the fact that Molly and I have now lived together for more than six months and we still get along wonderfully and love each other. 

Today was the second day that I attended a spin class at the gym where Kate teaches yoga.  I was talked into it by the nice spin instructor and yesterday was my virgin day.  I like it, though I'm nowhere near the level some of my fellows are.  But I'm sweating hard and plan to go back for more.  The only downfall is the sore bum that comes from the seats, but I'm told that I'll build calluses there?  Not sure how I feel about that but we shall see what that means.  I'm very stoked because I've actually lost ten pounds since my visit home, and that's inspiring for more action!  Not only that, but leaf raking is right around the corner so I can get out and enjoy this LOVELY fall weather!  September in Asheville might actually convince me to hang out here longer than February! 

In other news, the Dachshund Dali and my boy black cat Hades touched noses today, a definite improvement on their previous relationship!  All good things come with time!  AND we're going to throw a wonderful Halloween party which I need to get busy on!  In the next few days I need to clean out the basement.  Oh my god, that is going to be terrifying!  But no pain no gain, or no terror no turnout or something like that.  Anyway, wish me luck on THAT one!

Not a whole lot else happening, just contentment and hard workouts and sunshine and peace.  I love it.  And all of you!

Shanti Elena
A picture of two dog sisters to end with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment