Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sisters and Savannah

It's Sunday night and the moon is bright
I've sent my sister off on an afternoon flight
I love my sister, I can't wait to see her soon
Under a cold December moon

We've a house full of dogs tonight as Kate has her babies over for a sleepover.  It's wonderful to have so much canine energy!  I had a lovely weekend with my sister Lindsay and I'm sad to see her go.  We got to spend a lot of time together though so that is very good.  We took a trip to Savannah and boy is that a beautiful place!  We also went to her friend's wedding and I got to meet her Doctor friends, all very nice welcoming people.  Today we spent some time in Asheville and then drove to Charlotte to drop her at the airport.  Lots and lots of driving this weekend!  But it was still very fun and comforting.  Family is just amazing for that, isn't it?

Here's some pictures of Savannah:

Our Creepy Hostel with the rubberpants covered beds


Linds and a statue in a park, one of 20 something parks and statues

The graveyard!

It was twilight in the graveyard, and some of the graves were so old that the etchings had completely worn off
 

Spanish moss in the graveyard

An impromptu Blues festival two blocks down from us in the forbidden park!  (The hostel owner told us not to go there after dark)

Nighttime fountain
 

I liked these stairs
 

This is at Fort Pulasky
 

Cannons and marshland with a sister in the middle
 

Shoot it yonder!!
 

The fascinating underhill bunkers, reminiscent of Hobbiton

Inside the underhill bunkers
 


Just a little spooky
 
And these are from the wedding:

Centerpiece close-up

The bones of an old barn
 


I am very excited to begin work on my book tomorrow.  It feels like it's been forever since I've really sat down with those characters, my imaginary friends and adventurers.  I miss them, and an extended visit with them is in order! 

Isn't it interesting how Mondays can be either dreaded or looked-forward to?  Tomorrow feels like a new beginning, a springboard for not only my books but for my outlook on life.  I plan to do instead of sit and think of doing.  Optimism at its finest, and excitement.  Did y'all know that stress is only fear?  If we weren't afraid, we wouldn't be stressed.  I plan on being as stress free as possible in the upcoming months.  I plan to work hard and look ahead to wonderful things while still appreciating this moment.  As I will, so mote it be.

Shanti Elena



No comments:

Post a Comment