Thursday, January 23, 2014

Vampires Blog in the Middle of the Night

Hello my lovely friends.  Time for a little bit of catch-up.  Be forewarned, I'm 2 1/2 ciders in, so this could get interesting.

I'm currently awake at 2:39 a.m. on a Thursday early morning.  Tonight I have accomplished a lot, though it's all stuff that needed to be done, regular everyday stuff that accumulates over time.  Floor sweeping, oven cleaning, broken drawer gluing, kitchen cleaning.  I also had an interview today that went really well, though I might not get the job because it's a scheduling only job and the nice lady I interviewed with thinks I'd be more fit for a working with people job.  She's right, of course, though any job is good at this point.  I'm hoping for another that pays better, we shall see.

My month of solitude is almost up, as Kate comes home next week.  I'm so looking forward to seeing her smiling face and hearing all about her adventures in Thailand.  And before that happens, I have a concert to go to on Friday and a birthday party to go to on Saturday.  I still haven't found a dog, though I'm keeping my eyes open.

I've spent a lot of time stargazing and playing with my kitties and staying warm.  I've been drinking more wine than I think I ever have, though just enough for a buzz in the evenings.  I've been listening to my personalized station on Pandora radio, including Lana Del Rey, Loreena McKennit, Sarah McLachlan, Morcheeba, Florence + The Machine, Peter Gabriel, Lindsey Stirling, and Imagine Dragons.  I've also been eating incredibly healthy, and keeping active.

I have not, however, been working on my editing.  Want to know why?  Because I don't think I can do it on my own.  I don't know what to look for.  I need help.  This is lame, and I need to figure out a solution to this conundrum.  If anyone knows anyone who would be willing to take this on with me, let me know please! This has got to get done, dangit.  Been so many long years in coming!

Phew, that's off my chest.  Here's something fun.  I was asked to be a guest blogger on my friend Sarajane's boudoir page.  Now more people get to see my writing, AND she put a link to my blog on there too!  Yay for free exposure!  I love that girl!

I think that's all for now, it's been a very quiet, very relaxing few weeks with a few spikes of adventure sprinkled throughout.  I have learned that I get quite lonely living alone, but there is also a certain freedom to it as well.  Like blaring my music at 3 in the morning.

Peace, love, and nearly ended solitude,

Shanti Elena


2 comments:

  1. Shanti mama! What kind of wine are you drinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some sort of Moscato I'm sure darling Mary Jane!

    ReplyDelete