Monday, June 18, 2018

June Happenings

Last night I tried duck pate with pistachios for the first time and it was divine. I had a cocktail with dill-cantaloupe-cilantro soda in it and it was like a festival in my mouth, so many flavors blended so perfectly that it made my taste buds dance. I laughed and flirted and tried my best to not make bad decisions. I was in the company of four very different men and it was fascinating to be in their midst, hearing them banter and watching all the byplay. I had a great time. It was so interesting to be a party to this dynamic group, and I felt honored to be included. 

Life takes us on so many paths that we never see coming. I am still single but suddenly have multiple men talking about donating to my baby cause if needed. I'm still single but get to hang out with incredible men who appreciate me, who compliment me, and who make me feel beautiful and intelligent and welcome. It's awesome and strange and something to take home. And I still wonder, as my brother told me last night at his birthday bash, "You're such an awesome person, I don't understand why this hasn't worked out for you yet." And I agreed. And I can lament and I can shake my fist and go on about the injustice of it, but I got to experience last night with these cool people who I can call friends and that isn't horrible or lonely or any of that. It's magical. And I need to remember that.

A big event is coming up this weekend where I will get to speak in front of many people and I'm nervous and excited and so very blessed and honored to be a part of it. And Summer is here in just a few short days with it's warmth and happiness and citrus-flavored state of mind. My book is getting published by the end of this summer. It's coming together. OH! I start school this summer too. So many things!

Peace, Love, and Keeping up with Shanti

Shanti Elena


No comments:

Post a Comment