Thursday, May 23, 2013

Snakes, Spiders, and Greenery

It's been brought to my attention that I have been remiss in my blogging, so here is an update of the happenings in the life of Shanti.

Let's see...I applied for a job at Home Depot where I hope to work part-time so I'm not spending all of my savings.  I have yet to hear from them but it was only a couple days ago.

Molly was gone for a week on her first school camping trip so I had the house to myself.  I went out last Wednesday night to see Kate's band Broken Lilacs play at a cute place called Odditorium.  They had neat sideshow stuff on display and I had my first "manmosa" which turns out to be beer and orange juice...I wasn't impressed, but I did drink about half of it before finding a willing lad to take it off my hands.  I met a very nice girl named Liz and we got on splendidly.  She's a seamstress and is very cool.  Of course, Kate did a wonderful job because she rocks like that.

Jacob came to stay with me this last Tuesday and we had a nice relaxing day where he made jewelry and I read and we listened to music.  Molly got home yesterday and we had a nice catch-up session.  Today we went to the botanical gardens and I took a few pics there...

Neat old cabin

Lovely ferns that look like they're made of wire


These guys were all over the place!

Blue sky and leaves

Sittin' pretty
 
 
 
I slipped and fell and hurt my foot so I haven't been to yoga this week, sadly.  But the plan is to go to a party tomorrow night with Kate so I'm very excited about that. I also found a snake today, sunning on my porch.  It was not a little snake.  I had to chase my kitty Hades away from it.  Here is this large visitor:
 
 



 
Thankfully he was gone when we got back, I was worried that I'd have to help him down and I'm not sure what kind of snake he is.  My brother Matt says he thinks it's a King Snake but I wasn't gonna take any chances.  I did touch his tail though...I love snakes.
 
 
In other news, I bought some citronella lamp oil for our Tiki Torches, which totally work by the way!
 


And I bought a piece of jewelry off of Jacob.  He's really very talented.




And really very silly.  He's wearing my cape and using my swords for this...
 


I suppose the biggest news is that I started online dating today!  I already met a nice fellow and we sent messages back and forth.  I have no idea what I'm doing in this area, but so far it is delightful!  I'll keep everyone posted on developments.

And again, I PROMISE that I'll write the conclusion of the Island story soon!  I know I'm a beast for making everyone wait so long!

XOXO

Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment