Saturday, May 4, 2013

Soaking Saturdays with Scissors and Suweet Drinks

Hello all!  It is a rainy, cold Saturday the 4th of May.  Molly and I started the day early (before nine!) and headed to breakfast at this total greasy spoon restaurant that is in the middle of a closed motel.  Cheap, good food, where gravy is a choice of side.  We then ventured to the Farmer's market Herb fest where we froze our tushies off but bought pineapple sage, lavender, mint, ghota kola, catnip, and angelica.  We followed this up with a trip to the local Candler library and then home.  We napped for a good long while and then got a message from Jacob saying, "We gonna hang tonight?"  So I told him that if he was willing to meet us at Starbucks then we'd pick him up.  The three of us went to Rite Aid and he bought some hair clippers and then we had dinner at Cruizin's Diner.  Pretty good place, and they had chocolate peanut butter ice cream!  It's in my freezer as I type this. 

I don't know who all knows this, but I've been searching for a liquor called Parfait d'Amore for a long time and have come to the conclusion that they do not have it in North Carolina.  So my friend Nate had the idea of using this new juice that's Cranberry Tangerine as a replacement.  I bought some today, and mixed up some delicious lavender martinis that are just about perfect.  For the second batch I muddled some fresh mint (see above) and they are wonderful my friends! 

The Ingredients
 
 
The martinis gave Jacob the liquid courage he needed to let Molly do this:
 
 

Before
 
During


After :)
 
 
Doesn't he look fabulous?  Totally different guy than who we first saw.  Reminds me of "My Life in Ruins" with Nia Vardalos.  And if you haven't seen that movie, you totally should because no matter what mood you are in when you begin it you will love life when it's over.  It's that good.
 
 
So we have showers, scissors, and sweet drinks covered.  I'm pleased!
 
Until we talk again,
 
Shanti


1 comment:

  1. Life is so good isn't it? keep up all the fun posts..

    ReplyDelete