Saturday, June 1, 2013

Waterfalls

Hello there friends!  I've been a little absent this week, and this is because I started online dating and I've been pretty preoccupied with that.  But that didn't stop me from having an adventure on Thursday! 

Molly and our friend David had been talking about going to Douglass falls to gather herbs, specifically pendicularis.  This is a mellow herb, basically reducing anxiety and giving a sense of relaxation.  Molly had seen a large field of it near Douglass falls, so we decided to go!

We drove through Bernardsville, which is way out in the country.  Lots of farms and farm-type people.  (Rednecks, if you will.)  We then hit a gravel road and Molly the awesome pilot drove like a champ among all the twists and turns.  We climbed and climbed, stopping for a moment at this little beauty...


We continued on until we finally got to the trailhead of Douglas falls.  Here's a couple pics from the little mile hike:

 Cool uprooted tree's roots

Pretty little leaf hiding behind other foliage
 
 
And then we arrived at the falls!



 Sunlight on water
 
 David behind the falls
 
Me and the waterfall and sunshine!
 
The pool, which of course I waded in ;)
 
 
Someone got very creative with rocks!
 
I would have taken more pics of the pedicularis and the awesome cave we found, but alas, my phone died.  But it's an easy hike and if you want I'll take you there!  Oh, and Molly saw a bear and we ran into a couple of hippie dudes, whereupon one of them stripped down buck and took a little bath in the falls.  So I got some flashes of white ass too!  All in all, a very very good day.  And I was such a trooper on the hike following the falls, up to the cave.  It's so beautiful here!
 
 
 
In other news, I went on my first date pretty much ever last night, and this is what I wore!

 
 
So yay for being brave and doing hard hikes and going on first dates!  This is Molly and Jacobi after the date (which was also Jacob's bday celebration):
 




I have been working on the Island story, I promise!  Just not ready to publish yet.  If there's anything else super exciting that happens, you know I'll let all know about it!

I love you!

Shanti Elena
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment