Monday, July 8, 2013

Summertime in Asheville is WET!

Hello there friends and loved ones...

I'm a little late getting this out, but as I'm a faithful albeit not always on time person, here it is.  What should we talk about today? 

Let's start with the fourth of July, shall we?


It poured in monsoon-type fashion all day, and I braved the flooded streets to head to my friend David's house for a BBQ on his porch.  We then decided to play a drinking game with the movie Independence Day.  One of the times we had to take a drink was when someone said "president".  Have you any idea how many times that word is said in that movie?  At least fifty, if not more.  Suffice to say, we were a little tipsy when the movie ended.  We watched the fireworks from the porch, chatted, and I went home.  Probably the most uneventful fourth I've ever had, but at least I was in good company.  This was the second party at David's house that I went to, the first being a couple weeks ago.  That one was a blast, and I got to meet another great group of people. 

A few of them with Molly...


The next day I spent cooking for the BBQ/pool party at Kate's house on Saturday.  I made poppers, of course, and this fantastic dessert which I've dubbed "Sand Pudding."  It turned out marvelously.  And Saturday was actually partly sunny, so that was wonderful.  It did rain too, but at least they took turns.  That was a very nice, relaxing day for sure, and everyone loved my food which is a bonus.  Means I'll be invited back ;)

I have not heard from Home Depot, which is starting to worry me, but I did buy a weed whacker today to start on my jungle of a yard.  I haven't attempted to use it yet but hopefully I do it right, don't break it or myself, and can get started tomorrow (weather permitting).

Also there have been talks of starting a writing group which will be AWESOME if it happens.  It will really help to center me on what I should be doing instead of what I have been doing, which isn't a whole lot in that area, sadly. 

My dad and his wife are coming next week to visit.  I hope to finally see Biltmore House with them and show them around the joint.  I'm driving to Charlotte on Wednesday evening to pick up Molly from the airport, she's been visiting home (Wyoming.)  Charlotte's humidity is different than ours, much closer and dirtier feeling.  Although I'm pretty sweaty right now, I have to say.  But the sun shone for most of the day and I went to Yoga which I always feel so much better for doing.  Rufus and I have been hanging out, he loves going for car rides with me. 


There has only been one mouse incident in the past two weeks, so that is refreshing.  My car did not cost very much to fix and is running beautifully again.  Besides all that, this cool moth was on my car the other day...

He has blue legs!!
 
 
And I took this one on a walk we went on the other day
 
 
 
 
In closing, I'd like to let everyone know that as I was driving back from Charlotte last Wednesday morning at 5am I got through my block on my island story.  So that should be finished sooner rather than later.
 
 
Peace, love, and RAIN!!!
 
 
Shanti Elena
 



No comments:

Post a Comment