Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Not So Exciting Saturday Night Post

Ho hum, it's a Saturday night and there's nothing going on.  Molly's currently making a delicious looking pasta dinner for us, a homemade hamburger helper with holy basil flowers and parsley.  It's 64 degrees out and overcast.  I was so hoping for it to be sunny today because I really really want to go swimming but no luck. 

Some good news among this mediocre posting:  I did get hired at Home Depot, starting Monday morning at 4:00 in the A.M.  Which means I need to be up by 3, 3:15 at the latest.  Because this is my first week of work and because it also corresponds with my father visiting I'm going for the "go to bed early" track for starters.  To get myself on this schedule, the plan is to pull a good ol' fashioned all-nighter tonight so I'll be so tired tomorrow that nothing but sleep will do.  Then I'll be flying by the seat of my pants.  Eventually I predict that I'll be pulling all-nighters on a regular basis but maybe I'll surprise myself and like going to bed at 8pm.  Maybe. 

Last night we met a couple guys from England, an Irish guy, and a chick from Wales.  Sort of.  By the time we'd met these people they were totally tanked and will probably not remember shaking our hands.  Although the girl from Wales told me I have a very firm handshake.  I chose to take this as a compliment, though I'm not sure she meant it as such.  We were out to see a band at a pub called Jack of the Wood and Kate's friend Mark joined us with his friend Nora Jane from Kentucky.  They're camp counselors at a boys camp in the area.  The foreign folk were also counselors.  It was a nice evening out, and I'd just gotten my hair cut so I didn't even have to do it!  Not that I do much with my hair anyway. 

I am excited about starting work, even though I'm a little anxious about the sleep thing.  I'm also excited to see the Biltmore House this week.  Also it might be sunny in a few days so crossing fingers on that one. 

It's a quiet night and mood in the house, with old school 80's videos playing in the background.  Molly can't get enough of these. 

"I got a man."
"I'm not tryin to hear that, see."


 
Peace Love and Kickin' it Ol' School

Shanti

P.S.  If you find yourself awake and wanting to talk tonight, I'm up all the hours!  Gimme a ring! :)


And I had to share this again, because it never fails to make me laugh!



No comments:

Post a Comment