Friday, April 12, 2013

Almost a Month Gone!

On the morning of March 18th I pulled out of my mother's driveway and headed East.  Six days later I drove up the winding gravel drive of my new home.  It's amazing that I'm here, even now that it's been a few weeks.  I've been asked to post some pics on here, and so I shall proceed. 

 This is today, isn't it lovely?  Jacob and Molly are soaking up the rays in our newly raked backyard. 
 
 The front of the house, which we have not yet cleaned up.  Note the small tree platform in the foreground.  This is the one I put my leg through on Monday.  My leg is healing, though it does look like I was attacked by a rabid cat.

 My first picture of Jacob, the traveling minstrel hippie who has become our friend.

Jacob and Molly's very cute ol' hound dog Rufus

My masks!  Yay!  I have since repaired the poor broken one on the bottom left

Our devine and very comfy livingroom

Drinks and Mexican food!

The firepit which we have not gotten a chance to use yet.  When we do I'll let y'all know!

Downtown Asheville, which boasts many neat kitschy stores and interesting restaurants.  I ate at Mela, the Indian food place that Molly works at for lunch today.  Spicy but so delicious!
 
Spring has come!  The trees are budding and the sun is shining!  This is the view from our front porch.

As you can see, it is beautiful here.  I'm throwing my first party on May 4th, we're having a jam session with all the local talent in our huge garage/basement.  And my new friend Kate has a house with an inground pool and lovely cherry trees where we'll probably be spending most of the summer.  It's quite a surreal experience, this adventure of mine.  I do miss my loved ones dearly, and I want any and all to know that our door is always open for visitors! 

Tomorrow I'll try to post some more of the short story I began previously.  Nothing much else to report, though I did get a haircut today. 

See?

Haha, just kidding, it's still long.  I'm so funny!
 
Hope everyone is having a wonderful time, I miss you all!
 
Shanti Elena

1 comment:

  1. It's still cold here in Portland , especially this morning! Looks like you're fitting right in and making friends speedily! Sorry to hear your leg was gobbled by the fort and such, it.could make a.nice big flower pot.now or something!! It does look fun glad to see pics,.thanks! Karrie

    ReplyDelete