Sunday, April 7, 2013

North Carolina and Me

My first entry from my new world, Asheville North Carolina.  Technically I live in Candler, which is about ten minutes out into the country.  And country it is!  Wildlife galore, fields and trees and this incredible new plant that I think is chokevine but is everywhere and it's a blast to pull as it goes on forever.  Very satisifying.  I've done a whole weekend of yardwork the last two days with the help of the ever lovely Molly and our new vagabond friend Jacob.  He's a traveling minstrel hippie who we invited to stay the weekend in exchange for manual labor.  And that boy can rake!  He did about 11 hours of it.  And it was very fun to have company and get to know a traveling minstrel hippie. 

My life here is very good so far.  The house is great, Molly is teaching me to eat healthy, and my cats have settled right in.  I've gotten a chance to unbox my treasures, my swords and knives and masks and crazy art that all scream me.  That's something I've really missed the last few years, the stuff that makes me feel like myself.  It's finally on display, as I am in writing this to the world. 

It's been quite a journey, getting here.  I've gained and lost friends, I've learned what I can and cannot do.  What I can and cannot take.  I've learned that people can be fickle creatures, but that they can also be wonderful and just what you need at the right moment.  I thank the maker for my friends and family, those who have supported me in this, the biggest most difficult change I've made in my life.  And it's feeling like one of the most positive too.  I'm living the dream, having that adventure that I've talked about for so many years.  And this blog will hopefully make you laugh, make you feel, make you learn who Shanti really is.  And also get my name out into the world of the interweb, where my books will hopefully be in the next couple months.

So greetings and salutations from Candler to you, and let the journey begin!

12 comments:

  1. I will be following this so you better keep adding to it..What fun.

    All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep at it! It's one of my new jobs :)

      Delete
  2. "Living the dream".....love that! Glad to hear that you're getting comfy in your new home! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures! Love ya, Kellie.......~PEACE~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting. What has brought you to your travels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristie, it was a long time in coming. Wanted a change, needed an adventure. No kids, no man, no ties to hold me back let me finally do it!

      Delete
  4. Shanti, this blog journal is so very cool and I definately will read it whenever you make a post! Thanks for sharing your journey with us! Sounds like everything is as you imagined! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you lots. Glad everything is going great so far. Pics or it didn't happen and all that. Keep at it lovely and we hope for a visit at some point in time. Either you to us or us to you. Keep on trucking and being the awesome, lovely, interesting, adventurous YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Adam!! I'll post pics tomorrow perhaps...Miss you all very much as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shanti, you are the only person I know that would have a vagabond staying you! I love it! I am going to look forward to reading your blog. Keeping up with all of your adventures! Wishing you the very best my friend and happy writing! Love and hugs! Kelly LaMar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love and hugs back Kelly! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete